A. What Information Do We Collect About You?
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Haymarket collects personal information from you when you visit a site and/or send us information or communications. Some portions of this Digital Offering may require you to give us personal information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number (and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information for, without limitation, (i) registration for attendance at certain Haymarket trade shows, conferences and events; and (ii) subscriptions to our publications.
- If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, we may collect any personal information you provide in such communications.
- If you elect to provide us with personal information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. In order to deliver our services we may append information provided to us by third parties to help us provide you with a more relevant user experience.
- As you browse our Digital Offering, the Digital Offering collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate Digital Offering traffic and usage patterns. We may use such information and/or your profile information to personalize the Digital Offering. In addition, such information is aggregated with tracking data from all Digital Offering visitors. We may use such aggregated information to customize the Digital Offering according to preferences based on aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you and share it with third party advertisers and sponsors so that they may provide more tailored product offerings.
- If you submit financial information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations, etc. For some transactions, we will retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes. Haymarket uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store credit card information.
B. How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you have requested and to communicate with you about those products and services
- To design additional services or products for customers’ use
- To let you know about any products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. You will always be able to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving these messages
- To work with our business partners, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates to provide you with information you have selected or that we feel may be of interest to you. Unsubscribing is easy if the information is no longer useful to you. These arrangements help us to provide some of our services for free
- To invite you to participate in sponsored informational programs
- To provide you with advertisements, promotions or sponsored content based on information connected to your personal information such as your profession and specialty
- To invite you to share your opinions and comments
- To conduct surveys and/or market research purposes related to any of the above
C. How Do We Share Your Information?
- We may share information about your engagement with any of our services including receipt of, and/or action related to our emails, activity on our sites including content and/or advertisements viewed and actions taken or Personal Information otherwise provided by you and we may combine and link user data from other sources.
- Unless you opt-out, we may share your personal information with Haymarket’s affiliates, partners, sponsors, advertisers and third parties licensed or permitted to access your personal information.
- We will share your Personal Information with our third party suppliers who need to process your data to deliver the services you have requested or consented to receive. These suppliers are required under contract not to use Personal Information supplied by us other than to provide the services requested by us and to guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficient processes in place to ensure the security of your data whilst it is in their care. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors and third party service suppliers for the purpose of providing services to you. Haymarket will share user data with the accredited provider(s) of CME/CE activities in which users participate, and/or medical education and communications companies who assisted in the development of CME/CE activities in which users participate.
- In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for Haymarket products to other companies, so they can be removed from mailings those companies sent on Haymarket’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We may buy or sell business assets. If we are selling an asset or assets, including website (s) which are acquired by another company, personal, usage and financial information may be transferred as part of the change of ownership.
- We may provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from our Digital Offerings to third parties.
D. Updates to Your Information
Updating Visitor Information
You have the option of accessing, correcting, updating and modifying your personal information or visitor profile, at any time and as often as desired. If you desire to delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update Your Newsletter Subscriptions
You can opt-in to newsletter mailing lists, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time through the subscription management page (this page will display all of your newsletter subscriptions) or by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. You can locate the subscription management page through the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering. For Haymarket Digital Offerings that do not offer the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to email@example.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After processing your change, it will take effect with the next available issue.
E. Third Party and Affiliated Links
Our Digital Offerings contain external links to other Digital Offerings including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Digital Offerings. We do not endorse any of these Digital Offerings or the products or services associated with such Digital Offerings merely because they are linked to our Digital Offering. Third parties may collect user data directly from you for their own use and subject to their own privacy policies. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties before providing any of your personal information.
Visitors to this Digital Offering can decide if they want to receive promotional information from Haymarket. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose not to receive advertising and promotional information from Haymarket. Should visitors choose to receive advertising and promotional e-mails from Haymarket, any e-mail they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from a Haymarket promotional e-mail list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Haymarket Magazines, Seminars, Events, Sites and Other Publications and Services
As a Haymarket customer you can choose to receive relevant offers, including offers via email, telephone and/or other channels, for Haymarket publications, seminars, events, Digital Offerings and other services. From time to time, we are also able to secure and offer to our customers specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such offers in the future, you can change your preference via the subscription management page which can be located by using the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the Digital Offering.
For Haymarket Digital Offerings not offering the subscription management page, please send your email preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haymarket Live and Online Events
Online Ad Serving
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Digital Offering. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this Digital Offering and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
G. Cookies and Web Beacons
A “cookie” is a bit of data sent by a website through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. Haymarket uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its website are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor’s browser with information tailored to the visitor’s preferences and needs. Haymarket also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor’s computer after the visitor leaves a Haymarket website.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser’s settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site’s features and information.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personal information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices
The cookies are classified in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
You can opt-out of each cookie category, with the exception of strictly necessary cookies, by clicking on the “cookie settings” on each applicable Haymarket website.
DMD Healthcare Communications Network
This digital service participates in the DMD Healthcare Communication Network (the “Network”), and as such has implemented various technologies for universal registration/login among all Network member websites. These technologies are managed by DMD Marketing Corp. (“DMD”), and may involve the collection, receipt, and sharing of information with DMD, its clients and other Network members. If you would like to understand how this digital service’s participation in the Network affects your privacy, please click here: http://usersupport.dmdconnects.com/PrivacyPolicy.htm
H. How We Secure Your Personal Information
We believe our products should be safe and secure for all our users. In order to fulfill this, we treat security as our top priority and guide our decisions based on this principle. This Digital Offering takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Digital Offering and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Digital Offering such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This Digital Offering also uses password encryption to protect your privacy when you register for newsletters, events, and other Haymarket related media.
I. “Do Not Track” Requests
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. As this is a browser setting, Haymarket does not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
J. California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers (i.e., California residents) with specific rights, subject to some limitations and the verification of their identity, regarding their personal data:
- Consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information Haymarket has collected, disclosed or sold about them in the last twelve (12) months, including the categories of information, sources and business purposes of collection, as well as the categories of third parties to whom Haymarket has disclosed or shared the personal information.
- Consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions).
- Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal data.
- Consumers have the right to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA.
In order for Haymarket to process an “Exercise Your Rights Request,” Haymarket will make a reasonable effort to confirm your identity before processing your request. We will verify your request by matching your name and email address you provide in your request against the name and email address we have in our system. Please submit your requests by contacting us at this toll-free number, Phone: +1 (888) 914-9661 PIN: 575 831, or by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
You may designate an authorized agent to make an “Exercise Your Rights” request on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA. Haymarket may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify their identity directly with us.
We may share your personal information with third party partners in ways that may constitute a “sale” under CCPA. You may request that we not “sell” your personal information going forward. Please submit requests by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
When you submit an “Exercise Your Rights” Request, Haymarket will do its best to respond to your request as soon as possible, and, in any event, no later than forty-five (45) days after receiving your request. You may only make a request twice within a twelve (12) month calendar year.
After we have completed reviewing your request, we may store the information we provide to you for a reasonable amount of time after fulfilling your request in case you have additional inquiries. After the information is no longer necessary, we will automatically delete this information from our records.
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. Please submit requests by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
K. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Haymarket is in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve.
L. Notification of Changes
M. Your Acceptance of these Terms
N. Contact Us
Haymarket Media, Inc.
275 7th Avenue
New York, New York 10001
Attention: Chief Digital Officer