Last Modified: 1.1.23
II. Notification of Changes
III. What Categories of Personal Information Do We Collect About you?
The different categories of Personal Information we may collect and process are as follows:
- Identity Details (e.g. UIDs, cookie IDs, IP address)
- Personal Details (e.g. first name, last name)
- Contact Details (e.g. email address, phone number, physical mailing address)
- Professional Demographic Details (e.g. job title, profession, specialty, employer name)
- Transactional Details (e.g. website registration, subscription purchase, date time stamp)
- Permission Details (e.g. marketing preferences)
- Interaction with Offerings (e.g. emails, chat messages, social media forums)
- Payment Details (e.g. payment card info)
- Online Activity Details (e.g. page visit, email event)
- Education and Training Details (e.g. course name, date attended)
- Audio Recordings, Video Recordings and Images (e.g. speakers at podcasts and events, awardees/attendees at events)
- Inferences based on the categories listed herein above
As a general matter, we do not collect sensitive information from our customers (e.g., social security numbers, racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs) and request that no such sensitive information be provided to us.
IV. How Do We Collect Personal Information About You?
We may collect Personal Information from you in the following manner:
- Products: Some Offerings or portions of the Offerings, such as website registration, event registration, subscription orders, or other Offerings, may require you to provide us with Personal Information such as your full name, job title, company name, specialty, physical mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information in connection with purchases of our Offerings. If you elect to provide us with Personal Information as part of Services provided to you, we will receive and store such Personal Information provided directly to us.
- Communications: If you communicate with us via email, post messages to any of our interactive features, social media sites, chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, provide feedback, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, we may collect Personal Information you provide in such communications. In the event you provide us with information that is posted to the public facing portions of the Offerings, Haymarket is not responsible for such postings that are published by you and transmitted to others at your own risk. Haymarket cannot and does not guarantee that your postings will not be viewed by unaffiliated third parties.
- Combined: We may combine and associate our data with data from other sources to enable us to improve our Offerings and deliver more personalized services to you.
V. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to the Offerings and Services you have requested, and to communicate with you about those Offerings and Services. We may utilize information collected automatically, or via Registration/ Subscriptions, Communications or as otherwise noted herein, and append information provided to us by third parties to help us provide you with a more relevant user experience.
- To design additional Services or Offerings for your use.
- To let you know about any Offerings or Services which we believe may be of interest to you.
- To serve you interest based ads on our Offerings which we believe might be relevant based on your Personal Information and interactions with our Services.
- We may place advertising on external sites through direct or make programmatic buys based on internal analyses of Personal Information collected; we do not disclose any such Personal Information as part of these purchases.
- To work with our business partners, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates to provide you with information you have requested or that we feel may be of interest to you. These arrangements help us to provide some of our Services for free.
- To invite you to participate in sponsored informational programs.
- To monitor trends and provide you with advertisements, promotions or sponsored content based on information connected to your Personal Information such as your profession and specialty.
- To invite you to share your opinions and comments; and participate with interactive features of the Offerings.
- To conduct surveys and/or market research purposes related to any of the above.
- We may use your profile information and/or automatically collected Personal Information in aggregated form with tracking data from visitors on all the Offerings in order to personalize the Services. We may use such aggregated information to customize the Services according to preferences based on aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you and share it with third party advertisers and sponsors so that they may provide more tailored product offerings.
- Haymarket uses third parties to process credit card transactions and does not collect or store credit card information. For some transactions, we will retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
- Any other manner we may describe upon receipt of your Personal Information or other purpose subject to your consent.
VI. How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information described above in Section III and IV, in the manner noted in Section V, with the following categories of recipients:
- Client, Sponsor or Advertisers
- Service Providers and Contractors
- Haymarket companies and related brands
For accredited continuing education activities Haymarket Medical Education, LP (HME) and National Association for Continuing Education, LLC (NACE), both accredited providers of continuing education, do not share the names and contact information of learners with any ineligible companies as defined by the ACCME standards.
We may provide non personal information i.e., aggregated usage or tracking information collected from our Offerings to third parties.
VII. How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information?
VIII. How We Secure Your Personal Information?
We believe our products should be safe and secure for all our users. In order to fulfill this, we treat security as our top priority and guide our decisions based on this principle. Our Offerings use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure, accidental loss, or damage. We require all service providers and contractors to notify us if they are unable to meet its confidentiality and security obligations. Additionally, we utilize trusted and industry recognized service providers to process any Personal Information you provide in connection with payments, such as credit card information.
IX. Your Choices On How We Use And Disclose Your Personal Information
Currently, we offer the following choices and methods by which you can control how your Personal Information is used or disclosed in connection with the Services:
A. Managing Your Preferences and Opt Outs
- Email Newsletters: You can opt-in to email newsletters, or unsubscribe at any time by logging in and accessing the My Account page where you will find newsletter/communication preferences. In addition, email newsletters include an option to unsubscribe from that newsletter and an option to either unsubscribe from all emails or a link to a preference center to manage your elections. For Haymarket Offerings that do not offer the subscription management page or for any related requests please send your email preferences to email@example.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect.
- Promotions: As a Haymarket customer you can choose to receive relevant offers, including offers via email, telephone and/or other channels, for Haymarket publications, seminars, events, Offerings. From time to time, we are also able to secure and offer to our customers specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies. If you would prefer not to receive such offers in the future, you can change your preference via the subscription management page which can be located by logging in and accessing the My Account page at the top right hand corner of the Offering. For Offerings that do not have such a subscription management page, or for any further assistance, please send your email preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print Subscription: You can correct or change your print subscription information by sending an email to email@example.com. After processing your change, it will take effect with the next available issue.
- Opt-out Option: You have the option to decide if you wish to receive, opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving a particular Offering provided by Haymarket by using the Opt-Out button or unsubscribe link typically found at the bottom of our emails. If you have any difficulty in updating your preferences or wish to be removed from all emails from all Haymarket Offerings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Party and Affiliated Links: Our Offerings may contain external links to other systems, sites, applications and communication platforms of third party service providers, suppliers, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates (“Third Party Sites”). We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these Third Party Sites. We do not endorse any of these Third Party Sites or the products or services associated with such Third Party Sites merely because they are linked to our Offerings. Third parties may collect user data directly from you for their own use and shall use and collection is subject to Third Party Sites’ own privacy policies. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties before providing any of your Personal Information to such Third Party Sites.
- Interest Based Advertising: We do not presently use third-party advertising companies to serve interest based ads to you when you visit our Offerings. You have the option to manage your preferences on interest based advertisements presented by third parties at: National Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt Out of Interest Based Advertising page. This will allow you to Opt Out of interest based advertising from NAI members, but you will continue to receive general advertisements and your preferences there will not impact your experience on our Offerings. If we do work with such third-party advertising companies in the future, such companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits, activities and interests on the Offerings and other websites in order to provide advertisements about products and services that are of interest to you. We participate in Google Ad Exchange which is an open auction for advertising space and Google may use information it holds on the users of their applications to determine advertising placements. Visitors can opt out of Personalized Ads provided via Google by visiting Google’s My Ad Center at www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
- “Do Not Track” Requests: Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. As this is a browser setting, Haymarket does not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
X. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Online registration and Offerings’ usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve. As a business-to-business company, our Offerings are not intended for minors and we do not knowingly target or collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not provide any information on or to our Offerings. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have information from or about a minor under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
In today’s world, there is no surety of complete security of data, and unauthorized access or system failures may undermine the security measures implemented by companies. Our Offerings also use password encryption to protect your privacy when you register for newsletters, events, and other Haymarket related media, however, users are responsible for ensuring taking reasonable measures in selecting strong passwords and ensuring the security of their own devices used to access our Offerings.
XII. U.S. State Specific Privacy Rights
B. Making Requests: Residents of these aforementioned states may exercise their rights by contacting us at this toll-free number, Phone: +1 (888) 914-9661 PIN: 575 831, or by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form.
In order for Haymarket to process an “Exercise Your Rights” request, we ask that you provide sufficient details about your request so that we may take appropriate action.
Haymarket will make reasonable efforts to confirm your identity before processing your request. We will do so by matching the name and email address you provide in your request against the name and email address we have in our system. We may ask you to take additional steps to help us validate your identity associated with the Personal Information due to the nature of your request.
Once the identity is verified, we will do our best to respond to your request as soon as possible, and, in any event, no later than forty-five (45) days after receiving your request.
After we have completed reviewing your request, we may store the information we provide to you for a reasonable amount of time after fulfilling your request in case you have additional inquiries. After the information is no longer necessary, we will delete this information from our records.
C. Supplemental Disclosures for California Residents:
In addition to the information provided under Exercise Your Rights in this Section XII B, (subject to certain limitations, verification of your identity and based on the nature of your request) a California resident is permitted to designate an authorized agent to make a request on their behalf in accordance with California law. Haymarket may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify their identity directly with us. You may only make a request for access and data portability twice within a twelve (12) month calendar year.
California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Privacy Rights Act have broad definitions of “sale” and “sharing” with regard to the Personal Information collected on our Offerings, or in connection with interest based advertising. As a California resident, you may request that we not “sell” or, if applicable, “share” your Personal Information going forward. This Opt-Out can be achieved by submitting a request by using the “Exercise Your Rights” interactive web form, or via the link titled “Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information” on the bottom of an Offering’s webpage. Additionally, if the privacy settings on your personal devices are set to allow the sending of any automated Global Privacy Control signals, we honor such Global Privacy Control signals received in connection with such opt out requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
XIII. Contact Us
Haymarket Media, Inc.
275 7th Avenue
New York, New York 10001
Attention: Data Privacy Officer